Monday, March 05, 2007

OU Future Courses

Although I am working towards a Computing Degree, one of the modules that I have been wanting to do was S103 "Introducing Science". I heard towards the end of last year that S103 was being withdrawn and replaced by S104. I thought that I would wait for S104 on the assumption that it would be more up-to-date.

So I was surprised this morning to learn that S104 can not be counted towards my B13 Degree. A dilema! Do I enrol for the last run of S103 starting this September - which screws up my schedule, or do I wait until I have completed my B13 degree by other means (iem by NOT including S103) and then do S104 in a few years time?

Well, if you don't the answer to a question, ask someone who does know! So I contacted the OU this morning. The answer is that S104 CAN be counted towards B13 as the free-choice 60 points because the B13 already has 300 pts of compulsory modules. So it was worth asking! I can do S104 next year as planned after all.

No comments:

Blog Watch