Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Still here!

Yes, I am still here! This is my first post this year - and its already past the middle of July. My break from studying has been going really well, so much so that I can't figure out how I managed to fit any studying in previously. It seems that life, rather like my waistline, has a habit of filling all available space.

I received a phone call from the OU last week - wanting to know whether I had received their prospectus and whether I had considered studying with them. Ahem, I thought, and then explained that well actually I have been studying with you for the past few years and that I had taken time out because of a serious illness in the family. "Oh" said the lady and then checked on her computer - "perhaps you would like to know what your OU id number is?". I explained that I didn't need to know it and that it is carved out, mirror like, on the inside of my skull.

I am thinking about a return to studying though. Perhaps a gentle 10 pointer just to get me in the mood. But then where am I going to find the time from? All that thinking and writing - I'm quite out of the habit. Remembering too - that's the hard bit.

Its been a great time for reading though!

3 comments:

B1TNY said...

Hi Simon, good to see you back online and commencing your studies again. I do hope all is well at home. I have suspended my studies until the winter, I think I needed a break and there is more to life than having your head in a study book all the time!

Take care, Tony

Simon said...

Hi Tony,Thanks for your comment. You are quite right about life being more than just studying - so you do need to get the balance right. Good luck for when you get back into it!

Simon.

Simon said...

Hi Simon

Nice to see you update the blog, its not been the same without your blogs this year. A 10 pointer might be the way to go to ease back in, just make sure its not M253 though!

I'm looking forward to the winter break this year, I have some time off between October and February until any of the level three courses begin. I really can't figure out the OU's academic years?! It just seems some courses have only one presentation, I assume the further through degrees people get the less take up there is for each type of course as people specialize more.

Anyway I hope everything is going well, keep us posted on what you decide to study.

Simon

Blog Watch