Sunday, February 11, 2007

M359 - Making a Start

At last I am under way with M359. One week in and I have just finished chapter two of the first course book - which means that I am a week ahead of schedule. But there is to be no let up - I know that if I let it slip then it won't take long for me to be behind schedule, and catching up is always hard to do.
So, we have covered the usual sort of stuff for the beginning of a course - what is data, what is information, what happened with data historically - Mesopotamian tablets, 15th Century Tally Sticks, 16th Century Parish Registers. How computerised databases came about, why was there a need, what types, how they have evolved.
Now we have getting down to the three-schema model, seperation of concerns, and all that stuff.
First TMA is also available and due to be started yesterday but covers subject matter that, officially, we don't cover on the course for another two weeks!

Keep it comming.

No comments:

Blog Watch