Wednesday, December 19, 2007

OU - M359 - A result, sort of.

Well, there we have it. The results for the first presentation of M359 are out. And they are disappointing as expected. TMA wise I was at distinction level although I knew that there was no way that I would achieve the marks needed in the exam to sustain that. However, as documented elsewhere, the exam was a real pigs-ear (and I speak as a vegetarian - I have nothing against pigs-ears per se). The questions were vague, three of the questions required constant referral to some tables that had been added as an appendix - which meant that it was not possible to read the questions and view the tables at the same time - the constant flapping of papers reminded me of a flock of seagulls alarmed by a marauding dog on the beach (but with out the piercing screech - which I tried to keep to a minimum so that I didn't disturb the MSc students in the next row).

All the course text need re-writing into English (I wonder it would score on the blog-readability test).

And I feel fed-up that I am forced into criticizing the OU - because I think that it is a fantastic institution.

Still, a pass is a pass is a pass. No resit required. Phew!

No comments:

Blog Watch