Monday, December 03, 2007

OU - Materials materialize

So here I am, ploughing through all my Java revision and new work with a SCJP firmly in my sights when a package arrives from the OU. Yes, MT262 has landed on the doormat. Now, a quandry, I'm inquisitive, I want to know what is in the package, I want to make a start. But I don't want to be distracted from my Java work. And anyway, MT262 doesn't kick off until late Jan - so I still have 6 weeks.

But its there on the shelf. Staring at me. Making odd sounds. I'm convinced that one side of the package says 'Eat Me'. I'm sure I wont sleep well tonight, I'll be restless and thinking about that damn package. I might have to sneak down in the early hours and take a peek and then, and then I'll feel that I have let my self down - just like I do when have that bar of Cadbury's chocolate when I know I shouldn't. And of course by then its too late, the deed will be done.

I should, I shouldn't, I should, I shouldn't. Of course there is the packing list - I really ought to check that the package contains what it ought. I should, I shouldn't. Oh hell.

See, already this has distracted me. Time for a cup of tea....now where did I put that chocolate bar...

No comments:

Blog Watch