Thursday, January 25, 2007

M359 - Dispatch update

Good news according to my StudentHome page at the OU. It now says that I registered for the course on 23rd January (correct) and that the course materials for blocks 1 and 2 where dispatched yesterday. Hoorah!
Looks like my fear of starting the course without any course materials was unfounded - so just waiting for my friendly postman to deliver the package.

But I took the opportunity to read through the pdf course guide that I was sent yesterday (full of useful info about the course - what each block covers, how long it is expected to take etc) and noticed that Block 5 (out of 5) covers such topics as using Java and JDBC for connecting to databases and executing either SQL directly, or running Stored Procedures. This is great - and just what I have been doing at work this week. It's always comforting to know that a course is not going to be completely alien to me!

No comments:

Blog Watch