Thursday, January 25, 2007

M359 - Study Techniques

For each of the courses that I have done so far, I have used slightly differeing techniques for studying - and I was reviewing some of these yesterday. One thing I noticed that was common to all the techniques is that I tend to write down far to many things. I was looking at my notes for M206 that I did a couple of years ago and see that I managed to fill two A4 hardbound books with everything you could think of (and more). But I am not sure that it helped - especially at revision time - too much to take in, drowning in data but lacking in concise and clear information. In fact, when I studied MU120 I definitely found it hard to use my notes.

So, what to do? Two choices I guess. I could really cut down on my note taking, or, I could produce some kind of index to all my notes.

I think I favour the former approach for two reasons - one is that it takes so long to make all these notes, and thats time that could be better spent doing practical work and, secondly, having spent so much time making notes, I'm not sure that I want to spend even more time creating indexes. Unless I can find some good note taking software that will doing my indexing for me.

Watch this space....

No comments:

Blog Watch