Thursday, January 18, 2007

M359 - here we come!

Well, after enjoying the result from my last course, and taking it easy over Christmas and the New Year, have finally decided to do what I said I would and sign up for M359 "Relational Database Theory and Practice" with the Open University. I promised myself that if I managed to get a Distinction in M254 that I would do this course next, so now I am keep my promise.

Registration for the course closes on 26th January. Today is 18th so I phone the OU Registration Desk just to check - they confirm that I have until 26th and that there are some places left. All I need to do now is wait until Monday (because I need some confirmation on another matter before I know for sure that I can proceed witht this) and then enroll.

It turns out that the course has a start date of 3rd February, so I'm not sure that my course books and materials are going to arrive in time - but thats the penalty you pay for a late registration - just means that I'll have some catching up to do - and I'd rather have to catch up at the beginning of a course before it gets too difficult than half way through!

I had an email chat with Ian, who studied M206 in 2005 att he same time that I did, and he is also doing M359 so at least there will be a friendly, and helpful, face. I think that Nick A is also doing it, so that will be two friendly faces!

Lets see how it goes.

No comments:

Blog Watch