Monday, January 22, 2007

OU reply to my question

Received a reply from the Open University to my question about whether they had any information regarding the M358 and whether students had found it beneficial in a commercial environment. The answer from the OU is that it is a hard question to answer! Essentially what they are saying is that they don't know - and that they don't monitor the course from that perspective.
The reason that I posed the question is that I couldn't make up my mind whether studying M359 (the successor to M358) would be useful from a career point of view. As it turns out, the reply from the OU is pretty much what I anticipated, but have decided to register for the course - I think it will be useful - maybe not directly, but certainly indirectly.
And that brings me onto a curious incident that occured this evening......Having decided to register for M359 (and knowing that as a current student the registration is open until 26th January) I went to the online registering pages only to find that you can only register online for the 2008 course!. So I telephoned the Student Registration number only to be told that I had to apply in writing (Fax or Email will do, apparently). An email was sent off immediately and now I just have to hope that the email is seen and acted upon before Friday - the closing date for applications! More stress!

No comments:

Blog Watch