Thursday, September 18, 2008

Google Chrome - the saga continues.

I had another dalliance with Google Chrome today. Having fallen head-over-heals out-of-love with it the other day I thought that perhaps I ought to try and make up (and Tony Roberts sort of prompted me to give it another go). But in a kind of 'your place, or mine?' scenario I decided that there was no way that Google Chrome was going to get its silk gloves on my machine. So I knocked up a XP Virtual Machine and downloaded GC (thats amusing - it usually refers to Garbage Collection in OO languages) zipped through the installation and bingo - it works - and its actually quite good.

Now, do I risk trying to reinstall it on my top-level machine? Nope. Not with exams coming up.

1 comment:

B1TNY said...

Glad that you have finally tried Google Chrome! Its not bad is it, has some interesting new features but is missing some others, its all down to personal preference when choosing a web browser but it is quick.

Have you discovered that if you click and drag a tab it forms a new window, or tired the 'create application short cuts', which is great for accessing email or a particular service, such as a blog.

Good luck with the exams!

Blog Watch